Water Hammer Arresters
Special features of Kwan Woon’s Water Hammer Arresters
- 1. Kwang Woon’s Product
- ① Manufacturing method that does not use lead at all
- ② Ensures competitiveness compared to other companies with simplified screw fastening method
- ③ Innovative with Eco-friendly
- ④ Patented product (Certification No.: 10-1697132)
- 2. Products of other companies
- ① Soldering method when welding the body and fitting
- ② There is a risk of lead elution if connected to a drinking water pipe
- ③ Case: Lead poisoning incident of Kansas City, US in 2015
What is Water Hammer?
Size : 1/2" -2" (15~50mm)
The noise from banging pipes is caused by shocks of high speed water flowing in the piping system when a fixture is suddenly closed. Sudden stoppage of the water(a noncompressible Liquid) flowing at a given pressure and velocity causes a surge or spike of water and is called water hammer. When this occurs, a pressure wave travels back through the piping until it finds a point of relief. The water hammer Arrestors are designed to elliminate this effect with Lead Free*requirements. Dishwashers, clothes washers, fast closing positive shutoff valves incorporated in the system all contribute to creating water shock which is not only annoying but damaging to pipes and appliances. The WATER HAMMER ARRESTERS KWANGWOON Series THREADED and SOLDER incorporates a precharged, permanent sealed air chamber to absorb the shock, The sealed chamber prevents the loss of air to the water and insures long and trouble-free Life.
- NPT solid hex brass adapter end connection for easy installation
- Approved for installation with no access panel required
- May be installed in new or existing plumbing systems with a standard pipe tee vertically, horizontally or at any angle.
- PDI Listed(PDI WH201)
- Air pre-load is 60psi(4.2 bar)
- Factory air charged and permanently sealed
- Body : Copper barrel
- Piston : Polypropylene
- Adapter : Lead Free* Brass
- O-ring : EPDM
- Max. Pressure : 350psig
- Operating Pressure : Designed to operate on all domestic and commercial lines 150 psi(10.6bar) working pressure.
- Temperature Range : 33℉(0.5℃ to 82℃)
Analysis hydraulic shock wave in a pipe when open
Compare Type of Water Hammer Arresters
|Current Conventional Type of WHA||New Type of WHA We developed|
|Picture of Whole Body|
|Picture for the Connection part|